What makes Minnesota such a terrific state for agriculture? Lots of soil types and terrain that are good for farming, along with the right amount of rainfall during our growing season. All of this makes our state tops in many crops!
- ONE bushel of whole wheat can yield 64 loaves of bread.
- The average potato is 75 to 80% water.
- One bale of cotton makes 215 pairs of blue jeans.
- Minnesota is the TOP producer in the country of sugarbeets and cultivated wild rice.
- More than 80% of all jobs in Minnesota agriculture are off the farm. An acre is about the size of a football field.