One fun — and delicious — way to get lots of fruits and vegetables is to make smoothies with them. Yes — you can make smoothies with vegetables! Here is a basic recipe that you can change with different fruits and veggies.
- 3/4 cup (100 g) ice cubes
- 1 1/2- 2 cups (240 g) fresh blueberries, rinsed and hulled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened milk (see note)
- 1 handful chopped spinach
- Put ice cubes into a blender or food processor and blend until crushed.
- Add blueberries, spinach, and milk, and blend until smooth.
Notes: Nut milks can be substituted. If you like smoothies to be a little sweeter, you can add sweetened milk, honey, maple syrup, or bananas.