Poultry Fun Facts
- It is believed that modern birds are descendants of T-rex.
- The average turkey has 3,500 feathers.
- Only tom turkeys "gobble." Hens "cluck."
- Chickens are omnivores. That means they eat both meat and nonmeat foods, like plants.
- Since 1947, every year at Thanksgiving, the National Turkey Federation brings the U.S. president a live turkey to be pardoned.
- Minnesota has sent the pardoned turkey 11 times.
- Humans eat many different kinds of eggs besides chicken eggs. They eat quail, duck, and goose eggs too.